Welcome to MSV Connect – The Medical Society of Virginia's exclusive online community for members. We are so glad to have you! Here is your quick guide to get started.
PRO TIP: We recommend subscribing to receive emails as a Daily Digest - you will receive a single email each day summarizing the hottest topics in your forum. You can also get emails in real time - perfect for the power users or anyone who likes up-to-the-minute alerts on what's going on.
- Log in at www.connect.msv.org using your MSV portal credentials. Having problems signing in? Contact email@example.com for help.
- Fill out your profile. We want to get to know you. You can either fill out your profile manually, or you can import your information from LinkedIn. Be sure to fill out your Job History, Education, and other areas - these will help your like-minded peers find you. Uploading a profile picture and a bio that show your personality is a great way to ensure you make a good impression in the forum.
- Customize your profile settings. Start by finding "My Account" in your profile. From here, you can set up how you want to receive emails from the community, how much of your profile you want visible to others, the signature area that appears under your discussion posts, and more. If you have any questions about what a certain setting means, please email the Community Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Build your contact list. First, select Directory from the top navigation bar. Then use the member search to find friends and colleagues. Creating a contact list helps identify relationships and build searchable networks. Our Advanced Search option offers further parameters for making connections such as specialty, locality, etc.
5. What now? It's time to join the conversation!
Share ideas. Is there a hot topic you want to discuss? How about a lesson you've learned that might help your fellow physicians and PAs? Start a discussion thread to give others a peek inside your world or to demonstrate your expertise on a topic.
- Let us know you're here. Say hello and share what you are hoping to gain by participating in the Forum.
- Ask questions. Have a question about anything from professional development to everyday challenges? There's someone out there with an answer.
Give feedback. Use your knowledge and experience to answer others’ questions. Just click "Reply to Discussion" to the right of any discussion post, or comment underneath a library entry.
Upload useful resources to the resource library, check out what others have uploaded, and keep the sharing going.